Technology (IT) can be a struggle, can’t it?
We can relate to those struggles. We’ve been there.
And in the world of managing your offices’ IT, it’s often times what you don’t know that can hurt you.
The truth is this: many businesses likely have a checklist of security actions they mean to get around to, but ultimately don’t find the time to take action. On top of it all, there are the security measures you may not know about.
IT and managed security issues like:
- Hardware and software tools that is open to attacks and possible data losses.
- A wireless network that’s possibly not configured correctly to resist hacker tricks.
- IT threats like the infamous “Heartbleed” bug, that no one saw coming.
The impact of mismanaged IT on your business is dire.
For example, in 2014 Verizon Communications published a report where they revealed the following:
- 60% of breaches occur because of financial reasons.
- Hackers are performing their exploits faster than ever, outpacing the path of discovery.
- A typical data breach costs companies an estimated $3.5 million per, with those costs rising.
How can your business avoid IT security issues?
Your company may not have an IT Director or Chief Security Officer with the resources dedicated to the infrastructure you need to avoid these security problems, so here are some things you can do in light of all this.
- Have a strong password process, checking hardware passwords, and monitoring your software accounts. Also
- Be sure and change your passwords on a regular basis. We suggest monthly or once per quarter.
- Security can easily slide to the back burner, with the daily business demands, and because of this fact, your small office becomes less immune.
The best answer to this problem.
While the above tips will help you avoid the heartache of a data breach, there is only one great answer to alleviate this problem: hire a company to do this for you, through an outsourced IT relationship.
What is outsourced IT and why is it critical?
A managed security provider is essentially an outsourced team that focuses on your businesses IT, but without the distractions.
By outsourcing your IT you get an expert team that efficiently handles your small businesses security. From this outsourced concept, you get the following:
- Better control of your IT.
- Proactive, rather than reactive.
- Up to date with current technology that’s protecting your office, rather than problematic for it.
It’s a misconception that when you outsource your IT, you have less control. It’s actually quite the opposite.
By offloading your security to a managed security provider, you gain access to knowledgeable experts. Hiring and training these experts internally would take months if not years for you to do yourself. You gain control instead of losing it.
Every business wants the same thing: to make wise decisions that help protect client and patient data. With this patient data, comes more and more information that’s potentially opened up for all kinds of inappropriate purposes. Rather than try to do everything yourself, your mindset needs to be focused on having the right person manage this process, so you can continue to make great business decisions. This is the definition of being proactive.
When it comes to keeping up with technology, this is where managed security services thrive. The concept of managed security keeps your company up to date, keeps your technology current as to avoid security nightmares, and ultimately establishes a process where you are consistently in a position to fight technology pitfalls rather then succumb to them.
HIPPA compliance, PCI compliance, and the like are no longer buzzwords. Instead these are standards that you need to meet in order to do business. Rather than having to worry about these many looming regulations, a managed security relationships will help you meet your requirements, immediately.
Solve your IT issues.
For guidance on how to solve your IT issues, email us here. We’ll share with you how you can make your journey into the IT world much easier.